1. Identifies the soil health.
Soil microbes (population)are directly related to soil health. The soil testing methods not only address farmer’s concerns but also benefit the environment.
2. Determination of soil.
Monitors soil health properties such as pH, EC and OC, which affect nutrient availability to crops and thereby yields and profitability. Acidity, salinity and alkalinity problems
3. Evaluation of the suitability of the soil for the crop.
To provide a recommendation on the amount of manure and fertilizer based on soil test value and according to crop.
4. We get to know about the soil, nutrients present.
Scientific method farming involves a big amount of research. Right from weather to soil efficiency, everything needs to be tested to ensure the productivity of farms, as it is directly related to the input. A soil test lets the farmers understand what amount of nutrients are already present in the soil and how much extra is needed. It helps in bringing increased uniformity of nutrient availability across the fields for more uniform crop growth. It also helps in examining soil structure, soil texture, and color along with the soil’s nutrient level and pH content. With help of these test reports, farmers can decide what can be done to improve the soil quality in their farms
5. Consequently, it also provides a farm management tool with a potential benefit to the farmer of increased yields, reduced operating costs and superior environmental risk management and it also includes improved crop maturity and quality, higher tolerance to disease and pest damage, and increased growth.
6. Farmer get data about fertilizers to be used Getting information on exact deficiency in the soil can help farmers take the required measures. Fertilizers are used to provide additional nutrients to the plants, to improve the yield of the crops, and for the greening of home gardens. There are inorganic fertilizers like Nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus which are very limited resources. Such fertilizers can be avoided if not needed by the soil. Which fertilizers to use, and in which amount can be decided on the basis of soil tests. It also prevents over-fertilization of soil.
Soil Test advantages of testing your soil with Himachal Fruits-
1. Fast reports e.g., 15 days (TAT) (2 copies one soft & hard copy) with recommendation.
2. Genuine soil test reports crop wise e.g., new plantation, Crop based, Established orchards etc.
3. Backed by organic solutions if case of deficiencies in soil.
4. Sample collection guidance.
5. One to one explanation of reports.
6. Test (a) General (b)Major Nutrients (c) Trace Elements (d) Soil type.
Soil test will cover the below given tests-
1- pH level
2- Electrical Conductivity,
3- Water Holding Capacity
4- Calcium Carbonate
5- Organic Carbon
6- N (Nitrogen)
7- P ( Phosphorus)
8- Potassium (K)
9- Calcium (Ca),
10- Magnesium (Mg),
13- Copper (Cu),
16- Manganese (Mn),
18- Soil texture % (as per mechanical analysis) sand/clay/silt/texture category, soil type, porosity.
Other tests can be done on request, e.g., leaf, water, microbes etc.
(Note- For free basic soil test contact the agriculture or horticulture department near you)